1. Peruvian braised chicken (from Cooking Light)
2. My very first Roast Chicken dinner (see the photos)
3. Baked wild coho salmon (recipe a combo of advice and allrecipes.com)
4. The most delicious one bowl brownies ever (my new title - from allrecipes.com)
5. Three bean veggie chili (tried this one last night with Munir and it was yum! from Cooking Light)
6. Roasted veggies with lemon couscous (from my new cookbook "Eat, Shrink and Be Merry"
I was proud of how they all turned out, but especially of my recent roast chicken dinner at Michelle's house. Sticking my hand up a bird's bum is not really my idea of a good time, but man, this bird tasted great! I used a combination of tips from lots of people (thank you facebook!) combined with tips from allrecipes.com and my own intuition and the chicken was moist and flavourful. I stuffed the bird with apples and onions, and roasted it in chicken broth along with fresh, local potatoes, and then rubbed it with margarine, and stuffed garlic, rosemary and olive oil under the skin. It was a 4lb chicken and I ended up cooking it for about 2 hours. Thanks for those who gave me tips! So, onwards and upwards! If you have great recipes that you think I must try....send them my way :)